It is a legal document so some of the language is necessarily “legalese”, but We have tried to make it as readable as possible explaining it with simple words first and then with legal ones.
Reminder: Stelace is a French Company subject to French law. Mention of other regulations and other laws are made only for the purpose of showing the efforts made by Stelace to respect all of its users and customers and does not mean that Stelace is under a jurisdiction other than French.
What personal information do We collect from the people that visit our website (You)?
When You land on Stelace website, We collect your IP, We identify your country, your preferred language and the device You are using. We use google analytics to determine where you came from (ie: google, our blog, github, etc.)
When registering or subscribing on Stelace, as appropriate, You may be asked to enter your first name, last name, email address, payment information or other details to handle your subscription.
When do We collect information?
We collect information from You when you land on our website, fill out a contact form, subscribe a plan, or enter any other information on our site such as feedback.
How do We use your information?
We may use the information We collect in the following ways:
• To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which You are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve You.
• To allow us to better service You in responding to your customer service requests.
• To quickly process your transactions.
• To send periodic emails regarding your subscripiton or our Services.
• To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do We protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all information You supply, including sensitive/payment information, is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer technology over the network (SSL/TLS).
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards as an external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all financial data.
All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do We use “cookies”?
• Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
• Validate your access rights to your Data and subscription details.
• Compile aggregate Data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted Third-Party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn You each time a cookie is being sent, or You can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If You turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless We provide You with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website to comply with the terms of your contract, so long as those parties agree to keep this information secured with appropriate measures regarding our own efforts.
We may release information to comply with the law, enforce our policies, protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. You’ll be noticed in a timely manner of any such access as long as We are allowed to do so by relevant authorities.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
We, along with third-party such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website. Please refer to the Third Party services We use
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
Users can visit our site anonymously.
You can change your personal information:
• In your Stelace Account or By emailing us
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and do not plant tracking cookies or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. However, some cookies are necessary to fulfill your requests as authentication or subscription management.
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old and do not allow third-parties, including ad networks or plug-ins collect PII from children under 13.
Fair Information Practices, GDPR
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices We will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you by email without undue delay after becoming aware of any Personal Data Breach.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
Please refer to Stelace Data Processing Agreement
when before using our services.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
• Process subscriptions and send related information and updates
• Send you additional information related to your subscribed plan
• Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, We agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way when applicable.
• Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
• Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each non-transactional email.
12 rue Dumas, BAL 68
Last Edited on 2018-05-14